Family-friendly travel can take many different shapes and sizes, matching the diverse forms modern families can take. The most memorable and luxurious family holidays offer an array of experiences all your loved ones can enjoy, while also providing space to spend quality time together and make lifelong memories amongst beautiful and unique surrounds.
Australia is a wonderful holiday destination for families, offering an outstanding combination of incredible natural landscapes filled with wildlife, and diverse cities populated with friendly locals to discover. Our customised five-star journeys invite all members of your family to experience luxury as we define it – being immersive, authentic, and perfectly fitted to your needs.
Explore our travel inspiration suitable for children of all ages, and then contact our Travel Designers to design your very own ultimate luxury family holiday in Australia.
The Tailor specialises in creating complex, multi-destination Australian journeys that exceed all travellers’ expectations. Our hand-crafted journeys perfectly suit multi-generational families, often including three generations of grandparents, adult children, and grandchildren, who all have their own travel interests and needs.
Multi-generational journeys can be logistically complex to organise and execute smoothly. When using our services, your dedicated Travel Designer is on-hand to organise everything for you. By carefully selecting exceptional accommodation catering to travellers with different energy levels, diverse experiences that appeal to various interests, and seamless transfers between destinations that wildly vary in climate and landscape, we ensure that your Australian family holiday is authentic, immersive, and hassle-free – meaning all you need to do is enjoy.
Our Luxury Experiences
- Invite children of all ages to indulge with our Family Lap of Luxury itinerary, using the most exclusive and lavish family-friendly properties in cosmopolitan Sydney, the vast Blue Mountains, and the breathtaking Great Barrier Reef
- Adventure into the great outdoors at its most authentic on our Sun, Surf & Family Adventure itinerary, featuring the ruggedly nature-rich Eyre Peninsula, fully customised touring around charming Adelaide, venturing through outback Queensland, and finishing with a splash on the Great Barrier Reef
- Learn all about Australia with expert guides in an interpretative outdoor environment on Kylie’s Experiential Extravaganza: An East Coast Itinerary, a real journey created for a young family celebrating the Festive Season in culturally-chic Victoria, the ancient Daintree Rainforest, and vibrant Sydney
Families with Teenagers
Teenagers and young adults have a growing say in where their family goes on holiday. These tech-savvy and curious consumers often seek immersive and authentic bucket-list travel experiences that enrich them in the long term, prioritise sustainable and eco-friendly travel practices that reduce their carbon footprint, and look for exclusive and customisable experiences that are exquisitely shareable on their social media networks.
Authenticity, exclusivity, sustainability, personalisation, and a pinch of shareability are common traits of the Australian itineraries we make. Depending on your needs, we can create a journey featuring hands-on and one-of-a-kind experiences that will impress even the most discerning and youthful travellers.
Our Luxury Experiences
- Discover the secrets of Australia’s capital cities with privileged insight by using expert guides, such as Localing in Melbourne or Local Eyes in Sydney. We will customise special interest tours using our connections, ranging from street art masterclasses and cycling tours to interactive cooking classes.
- Enjoy exclusive access and outstanding privacy in one of Australia’s finest private villas. These stunning properties are perfect for everyone to relax in their own space and time, and offer enriching activities that fit the stunning environments they’re found within – whether you’re enjoying the pristine Great Barrier Reef at The House at Lizard Island, or relaxing amongst serene coastal bush sprawl at One Kangaroo Island.
- Unplug and fully immerse yourself into thrilling, memorable adventure experiences – so long as the photos can be shared afterwards! Venture to the Eyre Peninsula to swim alongside sea lions and cage-dive alongside Great White Sharks with Australian Coastal Safaris, or go off-grid and rest in sustainable conservation lodges and extraordinary wildlife destinations such as Arkaba Conservancy in the Flinders Ranges and Finniss River Lodge along the Top End’s coastal floodplain.
Families with Young Children
Travelling with young children provides an incredible opportunity to create formative memories and instill a lifelong love of travelling. Australia offers an outstanding range of high-end hotels and luxury lodges that cater to children of all ages, meaning the parents can relax knowing that the kids are being looked after.
With our exceptional product knowledge and extensive logistical experience, our Travel Designers can create a custom itinerary that ensures your whole family is safe and entertained throughout. Discover dynamic landscapes that are sure to leave an impression by day, and relax in the country’s best lodgings by night.
Our Luxury Experiences
- Settle into one of Australia’s best five-star family-friendly resorts and discover idyllic Whitsundays views at InterContinental Hayman Island, Orpheus Island Lodge’s specialised children’s menu befitting a property awarded with a Chef’s Hat on the Great Barrier Reef, and Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley’s abundant and curious wildlife wandering the Blue Mountains World Heritage-listed landscapes.
- Explore Australia’s cities with family-friendly tour operators who celebrate local heroes and offer hands-on, all ages activities with The Tailor Touring Co.’s fully customised Family Focus tour showcasing Adelaide’s hidden gems, or discover Sydney’s famous beaches on a custom outdoor adventure with Splendour Tailored Tours.
- Meet the fuzzy locals of Australia’s diverse wildlife up close and personal under the guidance of award-winning conservationists such as Exceptional Kangaroo Island on the eponymous island, and Pepper Bush Adventure Tours in Tasmania, and learn from specialists who intimately know and respect their natural surrounds.
With such a broad range of outstanding experiences across the country catering to travellers of all ages, embarking on your own ultimate luxury family holiday to Australia is simple. Contact our talented Travel Designers today to design a journey that effortlessly meets your family’s travel needs and creates memories to last a lifetime.