In 2023 Australia, alongside New Zealand, prepares to host the FIFA Women’s World Cup. Five major Australian cities will host the competition, inviting passionate patrons to pack out stadiums and enjoy all that Australia has to offer.
For the first time in its history, 32 teams will be competing for the prestigious Women’s World Cup title, marking exponential growth in the competition. Australia welcomes this momentous event, with the country humming with anticipation.
With incredible experiences available around the entire country, you would be remiss not to turn your trip to Australia into an unforgettable five-star journey. With nearly 25 years’ experience curating luxury journeys for discerning travellers, The Tailor have curated a list of the most iconic experiences in each of the host cities to inspire your Australian itinerary.
Sydney, New South Wales
Cosmopolitan and bustling with vibrancy, Sydney is home to iconic beaches, world-famous landmarks, and a strong connection to its First Nation and Colonial histories. It is here that Australia’s FIFA Women’s World Cup hosting journey will begin and end.
Our Iconic Luxury Sydney Experiences
Hot City Hotels
The Park Hyatt Sydney boasts unrivalled views across Sydney Harbour, located in the renowned Rocks district in the shadows of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, this hotel is hard to beat.
Sydney’s newest destination for luxury experiences, Capella Sydney, is located just moments from the sights and sounds of the famed Sydney Harbour.
- Lavish and luxurious, the Crown Towers Sydney offers an opulent city stay option. Enjoy Sydney’s iconic skyline in this exceptional hotel.
Climb to new heights on the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb and enjoy the breathtaking Sydney view. A uniquely Sydney experience, this is a must-do for adventure-seeking travellers.
Set sail around Sydney Harbour in a luxuriously appointed, custom-built vessel with outstanding local hosts from Local Eyes. See Sydney through their eyes and share in their reverence for this city.
- Learn to surf at Australia’s iconic Bondi beach with local surf experts, Let’s Go Surfing.
- Take a break from the city in the iconic Blue Mountains at Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley. A luxurious conservation-led luxury resort set amongst the hauntingly beautiful backdrop of the Wolgan Valley.
Fringed with lush mountain ranges, and picturesque beaches, Brisbane is rapidly emerging as a unique and exciting Australian city to visit. With the Great Barrier Reef, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast all just a short drive or flight away, this city is perfectly located for extended trips around the state.
Our Iconic Luxury Brisbane Experiences
City stays and secluded lodge accommodation
- Emporium Hotel South Bank provides boutique luxury accommodation in the heart of Brisbane. Superbly located, this gem is an exceptional option for your Brisbane stay.
- Extend your stay and venture out to the beautiful mountain retreat, Spicers Peak Lodge. A two-hour drive or short helicopter flight from Brisbane, this luxury resort is surrounded by lush rainforest and statuesque mountain ranges.
Stay a little longer
Lizard Island and Orpheus Island boast superbly secluded tropical island retreats that relax and restore the soul. Located on the fringes of the UNESCO World-Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef, these world-class resorts are a must-do on any iconic Australian itinerary.
Discover another UNESCO World-Heritage listed icon, the Daintree Rainforest and stay at the newly renovated Silky Oaks Lodge. Sheer perfection, don’t look past this magnificent retreat in the world’s oldest living rainforest.
- Mt Mulligan Lodge is a timeless property located in outback Queensland with historical roots dating back to gold and coal rush of the 1850s. Red dirt, Australian bushland, and untold natural beauty, this is worth the adventure.
Eclectic, cosmopolitan and full of intrigue, welcome to Melbourne. No stranger to hosting world-class sporting events, Melbourne is Australia’s sporting capital. Laneways and arcades are hidden amongst the city, making for endless hours of adventure, whilst regional Victoria entices travellers with exceptional wineries and exquisite coastal towns.
Our Iconic Luxury Melbourne Experiences
Central city stays
Boasting unmatched views over Melbourne, the Crown Towers Melbourne epitomises lavishness and opulence and sets the benchmark for luxury Australian hotel accommodation.
- Outstanding service, luxurious amenities and perfectly located in the heart of Melbourne, these are the hallmarks of the Park Hyatt Melbourne.
- Set amongst the beautiful Southbank region known for its world-class museums, swinging art scene and chic cafes, The Langham Melbourne exudes timeless luxury. The hotel is known for its refined rooms and stylish suites.
Get lost in adventure with a local
- Enjoy authentic local experiences with passionate local Melbournians and be entertained with epic stories and local insight. Join Localing on a private, behind the scenes Melbourne adventure.
Up for the Journey
Turn your trip into a self-drive adventure along the picturesque Great Ocean Road from Melbourne to Adelaide. Stop in at the 12 Apostles and the iconic Coonawarra wine region on the way and meet the fans in Adelaide for the next FIFA match.
Adelaide, South Australia
Known as one of Australia’s best boutique capital cities, Adelaide is smaller in size than many of its counterparts, but certainly competes with its culture, fantastic food scene and engaging events. Home to world-renowned wine regions, Adelaide enjoys a rich calendar of festivals and events and is surrounded by picturesque beaches and a lush hills region.
Our Iconic Luxury Adelaide Experiences
Boutique and five-star accommodation
- Sleek, modern, finished in polished gold, Eos by SkyCity is the latest luxury accommodation Adelaide has to offer. With stunning views towards the Adelaide Hills, and excellently located, this premier hotel is unmatched.
Elegantly nestled beside historic Mount Lofty House, Sequoia Lodge also boasts panoramic views over the stunning Adelaide Hills. This boutique luxury accommodation is a wonderful escape located just minutes from the CBD.
Discover world class
Unique and enriching experiences are available with The Tailor Touring Co. Book a private tour of the R.M.Williams workshop to see how their signature boots are handcrafted or discover unique behind the scenes winery experiences in the iconic Barossa Valley.
Unplug and reconnect with nature
- Enjoy classic country hospitality in a beautifully maintained 1850’s Australian homestead at Arkaba. This memorable outback experience is set on a wildlife conservancy in the rugged Flinders Ranges where you can enjoy nature walks and wildlife safaris through this spectacular ancient landscape.
Perth, Western Australia
Perth is a welcoming riverside city, built on the banks of the Swan River. Full of vibrancy and character, Perth boasts beautiful beaches, wonderful al fresco dining and copious city-based experiences. For those with a little more time, unforgettable encounters can be found in regional Western Australia. Explore iconic wine regions, swim with whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef or reconnect with nature deep in the exquisite Kimberley region.
Our Iconic Luxury Perth Experiences
- An elegant combination of heritage and contemporary design, COMO The Treasury is housed amongst a stately 140-year-old building. Excellently located in Perth’s historic heart, a wonderful stay awaits.
- The sophistication and opulence of the Crown label is easily recognisable at Crown Towers Perth. This haven of high-end luxury is an impressive sight along the Eastern bank of the Swan River.
Treat your palate
Just two hours from Perth lies the dramatic coastal views, mesmerising beaches and exceptional wine region of Margaret River. Internationally loved, wine connoisseurs would be remiss to leave out Margaret River from a Western Australian itinerary.
The vastness of Western Australia delivers an exceptional array of diverse and unique luxury experiences. Visit the iconic Ningaloo Reef to swim with whale sharks and stay in the luxurious eco-camp Sal Salis, or venture further north and journey through the picturesque and rugged Kimberleys, including a stay at the remarkable El Questro Homestead.
More of Australia
The FIFA Women’s World Cup will run from July to August, which is the perfect time to visit Northern Territory. The ‘Dry Season’ in the Top End enjoys exceptional weather and is a uniquely Australian region that honours the ancient remoteness of this wonderful country. If you have time to extend your trip, be sure to check out the following iconic NT experiences.
Iconic Northern Territory Experiences
- Embark on an exciting adventure and enjoy a five-star outback station experience at Bullo River Station. Horses, helicopters and an intimate glimpse into life on a cattle station, this is unique and worth the trip.
- Built alongside the coastal floodplains of the Finniss River, the Finniss River Lodge offers a luxurious stay surrounded by stunningly diverse landscapes.
- The magnificent backdrop of the Mary River floodplains creates a wonderful sense of remote wildness. The unique Bamurru Lodge offers glamping-style tents that immerse you in nature.
- Escorted by award-winning expert guides, venture off the beaten track and uncover some of the Top End’s most secluded, remote, and pristine locations with Venture North 4WD Safaris. Stay in safari-style glamping tents and enjoy the outstanding service and truly unique experiences on offer.
Whether you are a local traveller or are visiting Australia for the first or fourth time, this diverse and incredibly unique country continues to surprise and excite. Contact our expert Travel Design team at The Tailor to assist in building your next luxury Australian journey and support the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in style.