PRIVATE VILLA | Having undergone a multi-million-dollar makeover, this exquisite private home occupies prime real estate along the headland of Port Douglas. Nestled amongst lush tropical greenery and overlooking the sparkling waters of the Coral Sea, this home is a picture-perfect gateway resting directly between the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest.
Davidsons Arnhemland Safaris
Come and share the wonders of Mt Borradaile, the lily-covered billabongs and waterways teeming with birds, crocodiles and barramundi. The adjacent escarpment hides quality Aboriginal rock art in old habitation caves and shelters, where the history of the region is vividly depicted in ochre paintings. Elegant hunting figures with spears and boomerangs illustrate life up to 50,000 years ago, while vibrant spirit figures and ships show the evolution of the world’s oldest continuing living culture.
The newly rebuilt safari lodge melts into the surrounding bush, with the new ensuite cabins built to embrace the top end climate. Deluxe ensuite cabins provide a few more luxuries for those who enjoy a little spoiling. The central hub overlooks the pool and offers cold beers, wines and spirits at the bar for guests to enjoy in the lounge area or the poolside deck after an exhilarating day.
Davidson’s Arnhemland Safaris is located on a 700km² exclusive lease in northwest Arnhemland, only fifty minutes by light plane from Darwin. Mt Borradaile is a registered Aboriginal sacred site, a uniquely spectacular and culturally significant place entrusted by the traditional owners to Max Davidson and his highly trained guides to share with small groups of visitors.
Nearest major town/city
Town – Jabiru
City – Darwin
Scenic Air Transfer from Darwin to Mt Borradaile is 50 minutes. From Jabiru to Mt Borradaile is 20 minutes
During the dry season from May to November.
A range of activities is offered as part of the tariff and are within ½ hour from the Lodge. These include:
• Visit rock shelters with stunning rock art that spans thousands of years that give you insights into the aboriginal way of life from this region
• Walk through savannah woodland, the local supermarket and find plenty of local bush tucker
• Take a boat trip through the many water channels and the open floodplain to see some of the 275 bird species found in the region
• Try your hand at barramundi fishing in the pristine cooper creek, the wet season waterfall is fantastic
• Take a dip in the pristine natural swimming hole (seasonal) or relax poolside back at the lodge
• Walk through the incredible catacombs that hold artefacts, signs of recent occupation and ancient mortuary rites
• Spend a late afternoon on the billabong observing the wildlife including the many crocodiles that inhabit the watercourses, finish up with a glass of wine and nibbles as the sun sets over the floodplain
• Walk up one of the many escarpments to find spectacular stone arrangements and art filled occupation sites
All cabins have a beautiful bush setting and are designed for the Top End climate with open windows and a ceiling fan. Ensuite cabins have either a queen bed or twin and include their private ensuite.
Deluxe Ensuite Cabin
With a secluded bush outlook, the Deluxe ensuite cabins are slightly larger and are furnished beyond basics. Still designed for the Top End climate with large open windows and ceiling fans. With a queen bed and tea and coffee facilities in the cabin, you will enjoy the early morning chorus from your balcony.
The dining experience at Mt Borradaile is renowned for its delightful meals, including local Wild Barramundi. There is a fine selection of beers, wine and spirits to suit all tastes to enjoy over lunch, dinner or on the deck overlooking the pool.
‘Davidson’s Arnhemland Safaris operates from March through to mid-November each year.
Let's start your journey
Plan your Australian adventure with our expert travel designers.
For further information please contact us at:
New & Noteworthy
LUXURY LODGE | Helicopter to Spicers Peak Lodge and enjoy the serenity of an 8000-acre luxury property with on-site restaurant, walking trails, and more.
CITY HOTEL | Discover the epitome of luxury at Crown Towers Sydney, seamlessly blending chic city hotel elements with prestigious villa charm. Designed by Wilkinson Eyre, this five-star sanctuary stands elegantly against Sydney’s skyline, ensuring each room connects to the city’s beauty.